This course will take you through the basics of how we deal with food waste in the tropics – by turning trash into gold that goes back into our gardens.
We’ll show you how we build a compost pile by making a box out of interwoven sticks, as shown in the photo above.
- Details will include important information such as:
- What can you put in the compost piles and what shouldn’t be added?
- How often do we turn it over and how does that affect the time it takes?
- How to keep the smell down, flies away?
- When do you know it’s done?
- How do you use it once it’s ready?
Compost, along with mulch, are absolutely essential elements to permaculture and tropical gardening, and many of these techniques can be used in any climate zone.